Today’s recipe comes from my new bestie — chia seed oil. This oil can revive dry skin, thicken and grow your hair, boost mental clarity, and prevent autism.
Not bad for some seed oil!
Chia seed oil helped me get rid of the small patch of alopecia I had at my right temple. This fruit and plant-based butter has the creamy softness of avocados mixed with the high fatty acids (omega-3’s) of chia seed oil.
This combination is what makes Chunky Butter so good. It is absolute magic for healing skin and scalp irritation, eczema, scarring, and dryness. For your hair, it prevents split ends and helps boost hair growth by balancing the sebum levels of your scalp(your hair’s natural oils).
Chia Plant Power — Heal, Repair, Restore
Chia (Salvia hispanica) is an annual, herbaceous plant that comes from the mint family (Labiatae).2 Each seed is made up of about 60% fats, 33% protein, 41% carbohydrates, 30% fiber, and 5% ash.4 These teeny tiny seeds of goodness are so packed with nutrient bodaciousness they are excellent for the wellness of:
- your hair
- and skin
The heavy fatty oil composition of chia seeds (60%) comes from their abundance of polyunsaturated oils. These oils contain essential fatty acids that make chia seed oil one of the best for its healing and restorative effects.2
Other polyunsaturated oil sources you know include:
- sunflower oil
- pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed oil
- safflower seeds, safflower seed oil
- olive oil
- sesame seeds, sesame seed oil
- canola oil
Here are 17 other Outrageous Chia Seed (& Chia Seed Oil) Benefits:
- Thickens hair, boosts hair growth1
- Calms the digestive system
- Their high mucilage content and water holding capacity – makes chia seeds great for use in hair products (gels, conditioners) and food (chia seed flour – baked goods; as an egg substitute)
- Boosts mental clarity
- Calms the nervous system
- Give hair natural shine
- Helps prevent cancer, and preserve muscle mass and function during cancer treatment
- Natural emulsifier
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the symptoms of stress and depression2
- Prevents nervous system disorders, diabetes, and inflammation2
- Repairs, rejuvenates and heals the brain
- High in antioxidants
- Strengthens cognitive performance, improves mental focus
- Helps heal the gut
- Clears emotional toxins: negative thoughts, energy, patterns, and states of consciousness
- Helps prevent and treat skin, scalp dryness; anti-aging effects3
Find out why even with all the chia seed goodness and mercury risk, I still use fish oil to prevent and treat autism…
Bonus Recipe | DIY Hair Repair Oil
This post was getting super long so I moved this recipe to it’s own post. It’s the perfect oil for all seasons and especially during the winter months. Great for scalp massage, twists, ends and edges. Click the Download bar, enter your fabulous email, and never buy hair repair oil again!
Do you have a chia seed fetish like me? Share your favorite chia recipe in the comments!