Welcome! I’m Lavish and this blog is about my awareness, understanding, knowledge and love of all things related to natural hair. I’ve been natural since February 16, 2009. I did my bc on January 25, 2010 and my hair grew so fast, so full, so thick, coarse, kinky, and cottony beautiful I just couldn’t stop playing with it. I didn’t know much when I started but quickly became a product ‘junkie’ and fell in love with all of the naturally delicious, organically handmade treasures I never knew existed until YouTube!
But the newness eventually wore off. The delight of new growth and new length was replaced by dread of the 3 or 4 hours it would take to wash, detangle, and style (styling could add another few hours as well). I got lazy and I thought my hair could handle it. Instead of playing and studying my hair and its greatness, I rushed. Sprinkle a little stress and heat damage (blow drying and flat ironing specifically) into the mix and damage reared her familiar face…right in my crown and edges. So, I’m on a new journey. I am committed to discovering everything I can possibly discover about the care, growth, and love of healthy hair. Through research, testing, reviewing, reading and documenting everything I try along the way, I’m going to create my own customized healthy hair and skin care system for me and my family.
Grows fast, loves daily moisture, thrives in pretty protective styles, and shines with apple cider vinegar. Prefers long walks in the park, raspberry iced tea, laughter, and bentonite clay:)
Updated 11/16/2012. Current Hair Goals (in addition to previous goals below):
- Grow My Hair Easily & Effortlessly to BSL
- Improve upon and create new organic, botanical treatments for my hair
- Share all natural tips, techniques, information and research for healthy natural hair growth and retention, hair love, and overall natural well being!
Original Hair Goals When I Started This Blog:
- Repair all of the damage for good (edges, breakage, thinning, itchy scalp, and shedding)
- Grow my healthy hair longer and maintain my length
- Learn which oils, butters, extracts, powders, and store bought products work best for my 4b-c hair
What are your hair goals?