**This recipe has been updated (castor oil blend removed) 7/16/2015**
Do you have carrots and olive oil?
Is so, then you have a powerful homemade oil that’s used for:
- luscious hair growth and awesomeness
- repairing split ends
- balancing and healing the scalp
- skin detoxifying and rejuvenation
- strengthening the hair
- healing of skin irritations
- anti-aging properties
This decadent carrot oil recipe includes 4 ingredients: vanilla bean, olive oil, carrots, and a crock pot.
Let’s make some together this weekend!
You will need:
- crock pot
- 8 ounce or 16 ounce bottle or mason jar (both sizes work for this recipe)
- 3 carrots (2 were kinda small)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 to 6 drops vanilla essential oil OR 1/2 vanilla bean
- Wash and peel your carrots.
- Grate the carrots. Once you've grated them, wrap the carrots in a paper towel and squeeze as much liquid out as possible. You can also place the carrots in a nut milk bag and squeeze excess water out that way.
- Once you've removed the excess water, allow the carrots to continue to dry for about 2 hours. Lay them out as flat as you can on a dry plate or paper towel.
- They should be dry to the touch. Add them to your crock pot.
- Add your oil(s).
- Put your crock pot on the warm setting.
- I let CCCO simmer on the warm setting for up to an hour. Make sure your oil doesn't begin to boil or burn. Turn of the heat and allow the oil to cool for about 4 hours.
- Pour the carrot oil through the strainer to remove the carrots. Discard carrots after use.
- I like to add at least one half of a whole vanilla bean to my carrot oil. This gives it a beautiful carrot cake smell (if you like carrot cake – you’ll love it) but it’s really light and it doesn’t stay.
I like to add at least one half of a whole vanilla bean to my carrot oil. This gives it a beautiful carrot cake smell (if you like carrot cake – you’ll love it) but it’s really light and it doesn’t stay.
If you love this oil, also check out Minimalist Beauty and her sexy carrot seed oil serum recipe. It is a face full of succulence!
Make Carrot Cake Carrot Oil Lavishly:)