Fabulous Fenugreek Facts
Fenugreek seeds are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, iron, selenium (relieves stress), magnesium (natural muscle relaxer), flavonoids, potassium, zinc (creates feelings of peace and relaxation), folic acid (helps prevent autism), and thiamin.
These seeds are high in fiber and protein, and are used for both weight gain and weight loss.
Other benefits include:
- heals the mucous membranes of the body
- has anti fungal, antibacterial, antinflammatory properties (helps you maintain a balanced, alkaline system; dis-ease develops in an acidic inner environment)
- used for upset stomach, digestive problems, constipation, and gastritis (inflammation of the lining of the stomach)
- contains choline which studies have shown slows mental aging, calms the symptoms of pms and menopause*
- naturally boosts libido
- blood sugar regulator – controls blood sugar for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
- helps stimulate contractions during childbirth
- good for heart health, prevents hardening of the arteries
- increases energy and stamina
- great for use as a topical treatment for burns, boils, eczema, and gout
- anti pollutant for the body
- prevents fibroids
- stimulates hair growth
Fenugreek has a bitter and slightly nutty taste, with an emphasis on bitter.
Add your favorite sweetener or try adding:
- 1 teaspoon of raw agave syrup OR
- 3-5 drops of SweetLeaf Stevia – Lemon Drop (I buy mine locally, and from here)