If you love green tea, today’s recipe is going to seal your ends!
Green tea butter is great for protective styling — twists, braids, up-do’s, edges, and happy crowns. It’s so rich that when you take your hair down, it will still be just as shiny and soft.
And it only has 3 ingredients!
Watch the video above…and let’s do this Goddess.
- 1/4 cup avocado butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon kukui nut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon green tea extract
- Add oils and extracts to softened butter.
- Stir until the ingredients are mixed together. Avocado butter is usually a soft butter. If you have a firm butter, soften it in warm water. Do not melt the butter all the way.
- **Recipe Options & Variations**
- Add 2 drops of peppermint oil and 2 drops of rosemary mint essential oils
- **For A Heavier Butter**
- Add 1 tablespoon of shea butter (melted).
- **Healing Tea Salve Variation**
- For an allergy-free, kid friendly healing salve for cuts, burns, scrapes, scars and itchies, add a 1/2 teaspoon of tea tree oil to this recipe. It prevents eczema flare ups and dandruff.
Green tea is an extremely powerful antioxidant that’s as good for your mind as it is for your body:
- improves the appearance of skin
- stimulates hair growth
- helps protect the body from damage after daily exposure to funky stuff like free radicals (free radicals “attack important macromolecules leading to cell damage and homeostatic disruption2 (illness and disease)
- it’s neuroprotective, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-angiogenic3 (prevents the growth of new blood vessels which can prevent tumor growth)
- improves brain function
- boosts mental clarity
- increases cognition and memory (may prevent alzheimer’s disease)4
- reduces stress
- great for anxiety reduction
Massaging this butter into your scalp and skin is a great way to get these results. Make this recipe and let me know what you think!
For a different type of green tea recipe try:
- My delicious Matcha Green Tea with Coconut Milk.
- If you love henna, try Henna with Green Tea & Honey.
Music: Raw Deal by Gunner Olsen
Hair: Havana Twists. I bought the hair from FingerComber.com in Darkest Expresso and Chestnut Black ($12.99 a bag).
Kukui Nut Oil is a natural moisturizer that penetrates, soothes, and moisturizes the skin. When used with green tea extract, it makes a gentle yet power sunscreen that won’t mess with your reproductive system!
- Green Tea | University of Maryland (2015). Retrieved from http://www.umm.edu/Health/Medical/AltMed/Herb/Green-tea
- Lobo, V., Patil, A., Phatak, A., & Chandra, N. (2010). Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacognosy Reviews, 4(8), 118–126. http://doi.org/10.4103/0973-7847.70902
- National Cancer Institute. (2011). Antiogenesis Inhibitors. Retrieved from https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/immunotherapy/angiogenesis-inhibitors-fact-sheet
- WebMD. (2011). Green tea may help prevent alzheimer’s disease. Retrieved from http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20110106/green-tea-may-help-prevent-alzheimers-disease
See you next week Love!