We’re officially at the halfway point and it’s a great time to check in!
First, let’s review what we’ve done so far.
- Set our hair goals for the challenge
- Taken our “Before” photo
- Completed our first perceived stress scale and Rocked IT!
- Identified the ingredients in the Top 10 Hair Products My Hair Loves
- Discovered our hair porosity level
- Enjoyed our first natural hair vitamin together;)
- Practiced stress management tips
- Started scalp massage
- Posted our 30-day results
- and practiced relaxation tip #2
This week we’re adding two hair growth stimulators to the party: The Green Giant & The Master Hair Cleanse.
Hair Growth Stimulator #1 is an edible tip that is excellent steamed, warmed, juiced, raw, and baked. Add a big handful to your soups, salads, and smoothies this week.
Hair growth stimulator #2 is a different take on a familiar cleanse. It’s awesome for all hair tea and tonic lovers.
Let’s get started!
Hair Growth Stimulator #1 | The Green Giant
- Power-packed with Vitamins A, B2, B3, B6, C, E, & K
- Fights inflammation
- Helps with collagen production
- Keeps skin hydrated & tightens pores
- Contains high doses of chlorophyll
- Rich source of calcium and magnesium, which boost the immune system and help regulate blood pressure
- Helps clear and protect the arteries, heart, and lungs
- Clears the body of excess mucus
- Promotes hair growth
- Cleanses the kidneys
- Soothes and cleans the entire digestive tract
- Prevents anemia
- Deepens feelings of relaxation
Boost Your Hair Growth With These Spinach-liscious Juice Recipes:
- Body Glow
- The Great Green Happiness Maker (our saturday morning green juice)
- Sweet Green Goddess (in the gorgeous photo here on the right:)
Hair Growth Stimulator #2 | The Master Hair Cleanse
My first fast was a master cleanse in 2001. For 21 days I drank a gallon of the master cleanse, plain water and fruit juices.
At the time, I was afraid all vegetable juices would taste like a V8…and I didn’t like V8’s.
I prayed to God — that if She ever let me finish that fast, I would never do another one.
Well, I never did another master cleanse — at least not by drinking a gallon of it a day.
I created this recipe for hair, after a case of dandruff took up residence in my kids’ hair. They were learning to swim and it happened to be in the winter months, at an indoor facility. Hair cleansing and conditioning had to be simple, effective, and good.
Luckily no one caught the flu.
Whose idea was that anyway?
The girls love making honey water to rinse their hair immediately after getting out of the pool. So, I added additional honey, water, castor oil, and lemon juice (for scent). I had a lot of molasses for some reason, so I added some of that and opened the refrigerator to see if something else jumped out at me.
Except the castor oil…which was actually in the pantry, but I digress.
It was Super Bowl Weekend 2014, my hair was done, and salsa making was underway. I had peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro, and tomatoes all over the place.
I Googled those ingredients with hair growth and found quite a bit on cayenne pepper (and onions, garlic and tomatoes – now I’m hungry).
Many naturalistas swear by green, yellow, and red bell pepper (along with onion and garlic juice), as supercharging their hair growth.
Peppers are an All-Natural Hair, Nail & Skin Vitamin
I didn’t find any sources to support many of the things I’ve seen and heard about cayenne pepper…so I’m gonna leave this one to the experts…YOU!
Let me know in the comments…
Has cayenne pepper (powder, extract, oil, etc.) helped your hair grow?
Master Hair Cleanse Recipe
The Master Hair Cleanse is very hydrating, and wonderful to use as a pre-poo or rinse. You will need:
- cayenne pepper (fresh, dried, or powder)
- fresh lemon juice or lemon essential oil – 6 drops
- Optional: castor oil
Great Recipes I Found Along The Way…
This Week’s Hair Growth Activities
Test at least one of the Hair Growth Stimulators
If Cayenne Pepper has helped your hair grow, let us know in the comments!
Keep practicing one relaxation exercise for a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes a day
Hair Goal(s) Check: remember the goal(s) you set at the beginning of the challenge? Pull them out and answer the following questions:
How close are you to reaching your goal?
What changes do you still need to make? When will you make them?
What part of your hair regimen can be simplified?
Links From This Post:
- Spinach is power-packed with Vitamins A, B2, B3, B6
- It cleanses the kidneys
- The Body Glow Juice Recipe & Video
- The Great Green Happiness Maker Video
- Silly pool – includes DIY Whipped Apricot Shea Butter Recipe
- Super Bowl Weekend
Happy Hair Growth!