Do you have carrots and olive oil?
Is so, then you have a powerful homemade oil that’s used for:
- luscious hair growth and awesomeness
- repairing split ends
- balancing and healing the scalp
- skin detoxifying and rejuvenation
- strengthening the hair
- healing of skin irritations
- anti-aging properties
This decadent carrot oil recipe includes 4 ingredients: vanilla bean, olive oil, carrots, and a crock pot.
Let’s make some together this weekend!
You will need:
16 ounce bottle or mason jar
Carrot Cake Carrot Oil (CCCO):
(*2 carrots and 2 cups of oil are in a basic recipe. This recipe was inspired by Frugally Sustainable and her beautiful carrot oil photos. The recipe is as easy as it looks.)
3 carrots (2 were kinda small)
1 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup castor oil
*1/2 cup botanically infused safflower, sunflower, castor oil blend
1/2 vanilla beanSafflower Oil infused with Lavender, Calendula Flower, Comfrey Root and Chamomile Flowers Vanilla Oil Blend (vanilla beans, safflower and sunflower oil, naturally infused with good ole sunlight and time – almost 12 months). For the video recipe click here Castor Oil (infused with lavender and hibiscus flowers) *You do not need to use infused oils in the recipe for a beautiful oil. These just happened to be the ones I had the most of.
- Wash and prepare your carrots.
- Grate and add them to your crock pot.
- Add your oil(s).
- Put your crock pot on the warm setting.
- I let CCCO simmer on the warm setting for about 2 hours and then let it cool overnight. I turned it off sooner because it started to boil and I didn’t want the carrots to burn. Andrea, at Frugally Sustainable, recommends warmly infusing carrot oil for about 24 to 48 hours.
- Strain the carrots and goodies from the oil and Viola!
This oil is great to use for hot oil treatments, styling, facial serums, and scalp massage.
I like to add at least one half of a whole vanilla bean to my carrot oil. This gives it a beautiful carrot cake smell (if you like carrot cake – you’ll love it) but it’s really light and it doesn’t stay.
If you love this oil, also check out Minimalist Beauty and her sexy carrot seed oil serum recipe. It is a face full of succulence!
Make Carrot Cake Carrot Oil Lavishly:)