We’re almost done with our Summer DIY Series, and this week I have a simple hair butter to add to your organic collection! You only need 3 ingredients and you probably have them in your pantry right now.
This organic hair butter recipe won’t weigh your hair down, provides your curls with deep moisture, eliminates frizziness, and can be ready to use within a few minutes.
My kind of hair butter!
1 tablespoon organic shea butter
1/2 tablespoon organic coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon organic olive oil
- essential oil’s for a light, all-natural fragrance (use 2 to 4 drops — I used palmarosa essential oil)
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 1/2 tablespoon organic cocoa butter
This recipe makes about 2 ounces. If you need more, it’s super simple to double. It’s also a great moisturizer for hands, feet, and twinkly toes.
- Simply melt the ingredients down in a heat safe container, or in a small pot on the lowest heat setting.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a sealable jar.
- Place in your refrigerator for up to 20 minutes, or in your freezer for up to 10 minutes.
Your butter will be firm but soft to the touch. It should melt on your fingers and into your hair.
Other Recipes In Our Summer DIY Collection:
Tweet me your pics of this recipe @LavishlyNatural or use #LavishlyNatural when posting your pic so I can find you!