Are you up for a Rice Water Challenge starting — Starting Now?
Sign up below and get a special email every Tuesday during the challenge.
If you’re ready — click LET’S DO THIS!
Rice water is a packed with nutrients, bodacious B-vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that:
- boost hair growth
- eliminate hair shedding
- strengthens hair
- repairs hair damage
- improves hair retention
- prevents colon cancer*
- improves mental health and wellness
- stops insomnia
Rice is also high in gamma-amino butyric acid or GABA. GABA is a neurotransmitter (made in the brain) that sends messages from the brain to the central nervous system.
It’s calming to the senses, all systems of the body, and helps reduce irritability, tension, and stress (all can put a stop to hair growth).
It helps the body recover from injuries faster and strengthens hair and stimulates hair growth.
When rice is soaked in water, GABA (and all of the nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals) — multiply, which:
- stimulates and nourishes the scalp,
- regenerates skin cells,
- and improves hair elasticity.
Not bad for some simple rice water!
My Rice Water Recipe
- 1/2 cup organic brown or white rice
- 2 to 3 cups of water
Rinse the rice off once before filling your bowl with enough water to cover the rice. If I’m measuring, I use 2 1/2 cups of water.
I let this sit overnight and then strain the water from the rice and pour it into a spray bottle. We use as a spritz and I store any leftovers in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
Receive an email Every Tuesday in May
The Rice Water Challenge will officially open on Tuesday May 1, 2018.
If you would like to sign up for this free challenge click here.
If you have a question you’d like answered or if you have a recipe request or submission, send them to email@example.com.
See you at the challenge!
Pumpkin Seed Milk2019-03-19 12:37:05A healthy, delicious, rich, creamy milk that's perfect for drinking, baking, and smoothie making!Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 cup raw, organic, hulled pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups filtered, purified, or distilled water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add soaked pumpkin seeds to high speed blender.
- Pour in the water. Blend on high-speed for up to 2 minutes. Because you soaked the seeds (for 8 hours or overnight) they'll be very little left to strain out. You'll be able to strain it through a mesh sifter/strainer with a fork in under 2 minutes.
Lavishly Natural http://lavishlynatural.com/
- Don't throw out any leftover pumpkin smoothie in the strainer. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to it with a teaspoon of your favorite hair oil and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seed milk. Pour this through your hair and condition for 10 to 20 minutes. This is a super hydrating recipe your ends will LOVE!
*Mori, H., Kawabata, K., Matsunaga, K., Ushida, J., Fujii, K., Hara, A., & … Murai, H. (2000). Chemopreventive effects of coffee bean and rice constituents on colorectal carcinogenesis. Biofactors, 12(1-4), 101.