This week we’re making an ancient, all-natural healing oil that’s as beautiful as it is powerful!
we dive into it, join me in Congratulating Krystel Thashera, our Winner of the Henna Sooq Red Raj Giveaway!
You Rock Goddess!
A BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE who participated,
Love You Naturalistas!
Calendula oil (Calendula officials) is a light, moisturizing oil that adds shine and eliminates frizz. It’s antimicrobial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral.
Cover these flowers with sunflower or olive oil, and let it sit for a few weeks — you’ll have a decadent oil that works well by itself AND blends well with others!
Calendula oil comes from the petals of the marigold flower. These daisy-like flowers are often vibrant orange to bold yellow in color.
This flower is most often used in aromatherapy to treat skin problems and wounds. It stimulates the production of collagen at the wound site, which helps reduce scarring.
During the Middle Ages, calendula flowers were used to color and flavor different cheeses!
Calendula Oil Benefits & Uses
- works as a natural emollient
- calms diaper rash and irritation
- soothes and prevents chapped lips when used in lip balms
- great for sensitive skin
- soothes scalp irritation
- calendula tea can be used as a toner to heal acne
- reduces inflammation in skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
- it’s rejuvenative properties help hair follicles grow BODACIOUSLY, creating thicker hair
*Do not use calendula if you have an allergy to ragweed or similar plants
- 1/2 of an overripe banana or plantain
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- Add honey, liquid aminos, molasses, banana and yogurt to blender. Blend for 2 to 4 minutes or until banana and avocado reach smoothie texture.
- Add yogurt, baking soda, and egg and blend for 1 to 2 minutes. The treatment should have the consistency of a smoothie.
This oil is perfect to use for scalp massage or as a finishing oil!